Jukebox Jockey has advanced user management functions. The user management functions built into the system allow for customization to what a particular user can and can not do. For example, the play controls can be disabled for the guest, but enabled for the host. Almost every function found inside of Jukebox Jockey runs through a user check first. If the logged in user does not have permission to perform a function, a password prompt will be given.
Users and Passwords
Provides the ability to change passwords and user login functions.
Active User - The user that is currently logged into Jukebox Jockey. When a user is active, the commands assigned to that user are enabled. If a command is attempted by a user without significant privileges, Juekbox Jockey will ask for a password. A password must be entered by a user with significant privileges for that command to work. For example, if the user "guest" does not have the Play Control>Stop command, a password from a user who does have those privileges must be entered to stop playback.
Startup User (Professional Edition Only) - Any one of the users can be made the startup user, which means that user will be logged in after startup of the software.
Assign User Commands
This page allows configuration of each user and their enabled or disabled commands. The commands that are assigned to a specific user will be enabled when the system is logged in as that user, or when that user's password is given during a password screen.
User - This drop down box will list the available users in the system. Note the administrator always has access to all commands.
- Always Hidden - This user is setup to hide buttons from the administrator or sub-sequent users. Any command that is found in this user will be disabled and hidden.
- Always Visible - This user is setup to show buttons for users who do not have access to a function. Although the command is visible, if the logged in user does not have access to the function, a password prompt will be shown.
- More Options Menu - This user is setup to add or remove functions from the Jukebox Jockey button located on the bottom right hand side of the jukebox interface. Commands that are found in this user's list will be listed in the more options menu.
- Guest - This is the user setup by default for use in a "party play" environment. By default, this user is setup to have minimal access to the jukebox operator's PC.
- Host - This is the user setup by default for the host of the party. This user has additional access to enable and disable certain commands to the guest, and to set random play filters (see Assign Command Groups).
View Style - Select "tree" to view the commands in a nested style. Select "list" to view the commands in a list.
Commands List The left hand column displays all of the available commands in the software. The left hand column shows all of the commands that are enabled for the selected user. Use the Add or Remove buttons to add or remove commands for the selected user.
The command groups allow the jukebox operator to create special pages for users other than the administrator so that user can enable or disable commands without gaining access to the entire configuration page. For example, the default command group is setup for the guest user.